Mysterious gallbladder disease - can't digest fat for no apparent reason
-
@16characterstwas Heat intolerance, inability to sweat, dry skin, dry eyes, sometimes painful urination, and most importantly, lack of saliva. I'm almost never swallowing when I'm not eating. Sometimes the saliva production kicks in, and I'm thinking "wtf, do I really have to do this every minute?" I'm not used to swallow saliva at all.
@crumblingcookie The cause of my ailments is not mold toxicity because my ailments started before the mold exposure. Mold was probably a contributing factor. My body was already weakened by long term starvation, and then I moved into an apartment with really extreme mold problems (over time, black mold covered almost every surface including metals).
I've had multiple health and digestive issues before moving into the moldy apartment, but I was able to digest large amounts of fat.
One possibility is that I've had some motility issue since early age, that caused poor digestion of carbohydrates. And then in my mid 20s, mold ruined my gallbladder. Or maybe it wasn't the mold, just a natural progression of my disease. Or something else entirely. I don't know. But the "Bile can serve as a reservoir for funghi" thread you sent me in March feels very relevant.
These days I feel much better overall, with the help of @user1 I'm able to eat up to 3400 kcal a day consistently. Apparently I'm gaining muscle too, which is crazy. Actually I'm feeling the best I have felt in past 25 years. But the gallbladder issue persist. Fat still cause problems.
Sorry for long comment, it is complicated
-
@BearWithMe ok, of course theses symptoms cause stress, but do you remember whether you were under alot of stress when you first developed these symptoms?
-
@16characterstwas I absolutely was. I still remember the exact date this started, because very significant and stressful event happened on that day. It was more than 20 years ago.
And every time I experience another big stressful event, my health gets a little worse, never to return to its previous state.
-
This post is deleted! -
This post is deleted! -
This post is deleted! -
@BearWithMe
Yeah the tension of re living something unpleasant isn't exactly conducive to digestion. Ones body literally loses some of the ability to digest. I would just try just to eat what you feel like eating, when you feel like eating it. Your appetite and ability to digest will come back, believe it or not.
I'll try and find some excerpts i remember of Ray and or Haidut discussing situations similar to yours. -
About teeth.
I have been doing some tests with ices.
And as much crazy as this sounds eating salted ice cubes has improved my teeth strenght and made them more solid, less porous.
Drinking sweet milk usually makes my theeth porous, which is a sign of deterioration.When i have some digestion problems drinking extremelly cold water and eating apples helps a lot.
-
I was experimenting with various solid foods recently (I was eating mostly liquid or blended food until now) and it made me realize that I'm not digesting my food at all. My stool is indistinguishable from the food I eat. My stool is a lump of bits of food with absolutely no change in size, shape, texture or color, and very little change in smell (sorry for TMI). What goes in leaves my body almost unchanged, undigested.
-
@BearWithMe For start, try salted potato water. (They have to be without the skin, long cooked, for like an hour no problem and cut into small pieces).
If you do it correctly, it will be rich in nutrients, easily digestible and will include alpha-keto-acids - these are incredibly special, they will look for “trashy” stuff in your body and turn it into proteins, Ray recommended them for people with problematic digestion to stabilise their organisms.
As for liquids in general and cavity problems which you mentioned, first I reccomend drinking acidic drinks via a straw, secondly, wash teeth with baking soda and after every food use xynitol (but to not eat it, just leave it in your mouth for 2 minutes, than spit it all out - and only use it after sweet foods, your body will think that it is consuming sugar and xynitol is not sugar, so would raise your stress hormones).
This will not solve all your problems but will at least give you some breathing room. I am not sure if it wasnt already mentioned, but you should try progest-e, pregnanelon and T3 (microdosing). Without hormonal intervention, your body will have problem stabilising itself, this should be your priority. Combined with the basics as of avoiding PUFAs and fiber (FYI pork and chicken fat are high in PUFAs thanks to their diet), it should set you on the right path.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login