Starting A Hair Regrowth Thread (Results, Thoughts, Etc. Drop em)
-
@sunsunsun elaborate
-
@hcwilliams cultivate the fat pad with massage , microneedling, and those topical serums women use to fill in fat on their cheeks. im guessing topical coconut oil would probably work?
overall just convince yourself your hair is lush , it works better than anything imo. that goes for everything else. balding people i see generally have a suboptimal mental state and outlook. even really fit bald guys come across as kind of weird like theyre not relaxed and happy
-
@sunsunsun im gonna do some research of safe, topical blood flow compounds.
Yes I do agree stressing about it will make it worse. But to solve a problem would be pretty cool
-
@hcwilliams i have posted multiple pics of people with insane hair regrowth here before too using massage and topical oils to the extent that the social culture online refuses to acknowledge them . im too lazy to find and repost . taeian camel cult on facebook has all the info. people ignore it / dont use the info because they dont want to believe
-
@sunsunsun I'll check it out
-
@hcwilliams peppermint oil is as good or better than minoxidil just dilute it
-
@sunsunsun any you'd recommend over peppermint oil?
-
@hcwilliams rosemary but apparently peppermint is better
-
Only regrowth I've seen was a guy on twitter with like 10 likes. The account is deleted or name changed, but I bookmarked it
"Nick (@nickpriestley4): "Operation Hair regrow These are a few weeks apart Protocol: Dermaroller 3x per week Red light nightly Ice pack nightly Miracle cream (I robbed that off futurama) nightly, which is a mix of: copper peptide, black seed oil, gotu kola, nicotinamide, coconut oil, Shea butter and beeswax Black castor oil every morning"
The images are gone, but he went from very little hair, to moderately sparse hair, as I recall.
-
Theres a video of a black guy on youtube regrowing his hair naturally. He dermarolled often too. If someone knows what im talking about
-
just seen another guy grow his hair back and grow it long after and he says massages and magnesium oil and some peppermint oil and hanging upside down. he also moved off grid to a tropical-adjacent country which i actually think might be suboptimal but the easy rural living is probably really beneficial
-
@sunsunsun Maybe the combination of all that you list is the important thing—and I would argue de-stressing is maybe just as important as anything—but I can add the anecdotal experience (which I have elsewhere) that blood flow to the scalp alone (hanging upside down) has not helped my dad regrow hair. As early as I can remember, my dad was doing yoga, standing on his head, and it never helped hair regrowth, or even hair loss prevention, in any way. I can realistically say he stood on his head, nearly every day, for 25 years, and then continued with the hip stand for another 25+ years.
-
@Mossy @sunsunsun Yoga itself is unhealthy from bioenergetic standpoint. It may also depend on his diet. Was he eating “healthy” omega 3 from fat fish or “fiber”. As far as I know, people who are serious about yoga have terrible diet in the bioenergetic sense. They eat plant-based diet, participate in light caloric restriction, focus on cardio - all of these are incredibly bad for your metabolism and thyroid. He could not regrow hair simply due to the great burden he was putting on his organism.
Moreover, I doubt that being upside down for more than few seconds can be terapeutic, I would argue that the benefits lie in momentary change of blood flow, lasting mere seconds. After that, it becomes unnatural for your body and it releases stress hormones. Massaging scalp is quite different from that, it increases your blood flow only in a small area, without other consequences for your body.
Still, hair regrow is truly difficult process for your metabolism, I would not focus on it too much, since it is heavily dependent on your overall health.
As for the specific therapeutic practices which focus exclusively on the hair regrowth, I would recommend massages (you should not create friction for your skin, your fingers should “stick” to your scalp like the hands of spiderman, the goal is to move your skin around above your skull, not your fingers on the scalp) and topical aspirin, niacimide, caffeine and ethanol (for increased absorption of the rest). RLT may also be beneficial but that should be about it.
Remeber that hair regrowth is an indicator of your overall health, and even though you can be predispositioned to worse hair in an suboptimal metabolism, once you fix your thyroid, CO2 retention, get rid of PUFAs and fiber, it will start coming back naturally. The aforementioned remedies may amplificate the progress, however, they will not work without the baseline (and will merely create extra stress for your body).
-
Sorry for the typos, I should have checked it first before submitting the reply.
-
theres lots of evidence pufas help skin and hair health so idk about pufa extreme restriction
-
@sunsunsun There's this guy Ray Peat you should look into.
-
@sunsunsun this might be true, but what the data showed was that you only need like 250-500mg of o3/epa/dha/etc. and you can easily achieve this with ordinary fats like dairy fat which does in fact have pufas but not excess amounts like in seed oils.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login